Organize and further protect your clothes, gear and sleeping bag from bad weather using HMG Stuff Sacks. Streamlined and optimized to help you avoid snagging your pack on the sharp, prickly vegetation that fills America’s deserts.
- Three external, solid Dyneema® Hardline pockets
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression -- Designed to secure gear
- Dyneema® Hardline hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam and spacer mesh
- Dyneema® Hardline zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic is finished with quality plastic buckle with a built in signal whistle always on hand
- Ice Axe loop
- Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Dyneema® Fiber Tex 69 thread
White: 811g (1.79 lbs | 28.6 oz)
Black: 870g (1.92 lbs | 30.7 oz)
Load capacity: 20 – 40 lbs
Body: 50D Dyneeam®/Poly hybrid for white version
Body: 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid for black version
Bottom: Double reinforced 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid
External Pockets: Dyneema® Hardline
Interior: 40L (2400 cu. in.)
External: 9.8L (600 cu. in.)
Center pocket: 300 cu. in.
Side pockets: 150 cu. in.
Top Circumference: 95.3cm (37.5”)
Bottom Circumference: 85.1cm (33.5”)
Height (fully unrolled): 76.2cm (30”)
Back Width: 26.7cm (10.5”)
Hand crafted in Maine, USA
Hyperlite Mountain Gear manufactures a line of ultralight backpacks designed for everything from a quick day trip to an extended expedition. HMG backpacks are made of 100% waterproof Cuben Fiber materials with tape stitch lines. When used with ultralight Cuben Fiber stuff sacks, their gear provides a rainproof system for your excursion. Combined with ultralight shelter systems, you will feel like you can fly. Cushioned shoulder straps and hip belts, padded lumbar support and shaped aluminum stays, provide a super-comfortable fit. HMG lightweight Cuben Fiber packs have been specifically designed for backpacking, mountain climbing, and ice climbing, but are suitable for cycling, pack rafting, day hiking or just getting around town.
...the value of the HMG 3400 Southwest Pack lies in its unique combination of low weight and durability without skimping on functional features. You don’t need to compromise on durability if you want a lightweight backpack. A backpack is a big gear purchase. Get one that is designed to last. Read more in review Sectionhiker here.