WEIGHT: 823g | 1.81 lbs | 29.03 oz
Weight includes guy lines.
DCF8 Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber) - for tarp, insert (side and rear panels) and beak
DCF11 Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber) - for insert on bathub floor
No-see-um bug mesh - for insert
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Echo 2 systems includes: Echo II Tarp, Echo II Insert, Echo II Beak and X-Large DCF8 Stuff Sack for storage.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR SETUP?
Echo II shelter system require adjustable trekking poles and stakes for setup. The recommended height of the front pole is 132 cm (52″) and 102 cm (40″) pole for the rear.
No stakes are included in the system. Echo 2 shelter system requires a minimum of 13 stakes to pitch. 8 are necessary for the tarp, 4 for the inner tent and 1 for the beak.
When pitching Echo II Tarp, we recommend to use HMG Aluminum stakes or another similar long stakes for the ridgeline guy-outs and corners because there’s a lot of tension in the tarp and thinner stakes could be easily pulled out of the ground. Titanium shepherds hook stakes are perfect for the inner tent. Check them here.
Echo II Tarp
- Made from ultralight DCF8 Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber)
- Catenary curve ridgeline with taped, bonded and sealed felled seam
- Fully bonded radial double reinforced tie-outs
- Fully bonded double reinforced ridgeline tie-outs
- Three interior ridgeline D-rings
- D-rings on all tie-outs for accessory attachment
- Metal O-ring ridgeline tie-out for attachment to trekking or tent poles
- Military grade snaps on front corner tie-outs for beak attachment
- Custom-made ultralight UHMWEP core guy lines with line-locks
- Most technically advanced professional tarp available
Echo II Insert
- Durable DCF11 seam sealed bathtub floor.
- Ultralight DCF8 side and rear panels.
- No-see-um bug mesh net ceiling and upper portion of front and side panels
- Full length two-way zipper for maximum convenience.
- Front door tie to hold door open.
- Four corner stake tie-outs.
- Four corner bungee tie-outs plus two middle tie-outs for attachment to the Echo II Tarp
- Can be pitched without a tarp
- Compatible with Echo II Tarp and Flat Tarps
Echo II Beak
- Constructed with DCF8 with double reinforced corners.
- Military spec Velcro hook & loop closure to attach to the top of the Echo II Tarp.
- Military grade corner snaps to attach to the Echo II Tarp.
- Front corner tie-out to attach to tarp ridgeline stake.
- Two-way waterproof zippered door
- Door opens on right or left side
- No additional stakes or hardware required to attach beak to the Echo II Tarp
- Compatible with Echo II Tarp only