Pertex Quantum is the lightest fabric from manufacturer of Pertex. It is a true featherweight at around 30g/m². The finest yarns with the maximum thread count are used to produce Pertex Quantum.
Manufacturer believes that less weight shouldn’t mean ‘please be careful’. Pertex Quantum stands its ground and shows the best strength to weight ratio. Tear strength and seam strength are good for its weight and it can easily be used in shell jackets and withstands the abuse of hardcore use. The abrasion resistance however is not comparable with standard weight 44 decitex fabrics.
Thanks to its dense weave, Pertex Quantum is downproof and can be used for any high-end application in sleeping bags, down jackets and expedition gear. It is a gear freak’s dream.
Fabric Type: 100% Nylon 15/20D Mini Ripstop/Ripstop
- Super lightweight at less than 30 g/m²
- Tiny packed volume
- Excellent strength to weight ratio
- LIGHT and strong! 25-50% weight reduction without sacrificing much strength and abrasion resistance
- 50% less packing volume compared to standard 44 decitex fabrics
- Best strength to weight ratio
- Soft and light fabric allows maximum down lofting
- Water repellent DWR finish