GOSSAMER GEAR Gorilla 50 - is a top loading backpack with a total capacity of 50 liters (including extension collar), with 32 liters of space in the main compartment and the rest divided among the pack’s other pockets.
According to Outdoor Gear Lab’s Editor’s Choice it is the best mid-volume light backpack. Its versatility, durability and comfort make it the best weekend companion you’ll ever have. Also works on longer trips and through hikes with itineraries including grocery/laundry opportunities.
The main compartment features an internal hydration sleeve to hold a hydration pack with a hang loop at the top for securing it and two hydration ports located above both shoulder straps to let you route the drinking hose over either shoulder.
It is made of Robic nylon fabric. 100D Robic nylon is used for the main pack and thicker more durable and abrasion-resistant 200D Robic nylon in critical areas - bottom of the pack and the side pockets. Robic fabric is waterproof and sheds water well in rain, but the backpack is not completely waterproof and leak at the seams which are not sealed, so we recommend to use waterproof stuff sacks or line the pack with the plastic bag to protect your gear against rain and moisture.
Read detailed Review from Outdoorgearlab:
"This model is the best do-everything ultralight backpack we tested. When we needed to carry winter gear and five days of food on the Appalachian Trail in January, it was just the right size. When we wanted to strip it down for day hikes or one night out in the wilderness, the frame and waist belt were easily removable. The exterior storage pockets were also perfect for our testers, keeping snacks, water bottles, and extra clothing layers easily accessible. Whether you're thru-hiking for months or playing in the backcountry for the weekend, this pack is perfect."
The pack comes with a medium belt installed. Small and large belts are sold separately to allow customers to choose the size they need.
- Belt with added stiffener and stay integration for superior load transfer and comfort
- New buckles on side compression
- Unisex ergonomic belt shape
- The pack comes with a medium belt installed and small and large belts are sold separately to allow customers to choose the size they need
- Tabs for attaching the fast belt and going frameless
- Unisex ergonomic harness for both men and women
- Dual exit hydration tube exit port
- Internal hydration sleeve and drinking tube keeper loops on both shoulder straps
- Two side mesh bottle pockets accessible while wearing pack
- Full side and top compression
- Air-mesh fabric on shoulder straps and hipbelt for less friction, more cushion and more comfort
- Rear mesh pocket great for drying gear and other gear storage
- Trekking pole hardware for storing them outside the pack
- Made of our custom 70 and 100 denier Robic nylon
- Lash loop for ice axe
- Includes a SitLight pad and a removable stay
- Recommended for loads of 30 pounds or less
Custom 70 denier Robic ripstop nylon
Select use of 100 denier Robic nylon for reinforcement
Air mesh fabric for harness lining
Power mesh fabric pad holder
Custom stretch mesh fabric for big back pocket
50 L total
32 L in main pack body to extension collar seam
14 kg (30 lbs) recommended maximum carry capacity, 11 kg (25 lbs) for comfort
Pack body: 479 g / 16.9 oz
Pack frame: 86 g / 3.0 oz
Sitlight pad: 62 g / 2.2 oz
Medium belt: 219 g / 7.7 oz
Total: 846 g / 29.8 oz
Height 55.9 cm / 22” to extension collar seam
Width 27.9 cm / 11”
Depth 16.5 cm / 6.5”
Extension collar adds another 29.2 cm /11.5” of height