GOSSAMER GEAR Mariposa 60 Vaporwave Limited Edition - same pack as the regular Mariposa 60 just new colors! It comes with matching Shoulder strap pocket large in the same colorway.
Mariposa 60 is Gossamer Gear's bestseller with a removable internal frame, load lifters, and 7 built-in pockets, that weighs only 865g.
It provides plenty of storage and roomy pockets for organizing wide range of your gear from bottles to food, tent, clothing and therefore is very popular with hikers who demand lightweight gear that’s highly functional and durable for long-distance treks. There are seven extra pockets - one mesh for wet stuff, two easy-to-reach for water and high-energy snacks, and the rest for whatever else.
It is made of Robic nylon fabric. 100D Robic nylon is used for the main pack and thicker more durable and abrasion-resistant 200D Robic nylon for critical areas - bottom of the pack and the side pockets. Robic fabric is waterproof and sheds water well in rain, but the backpack is not completely waterproof and leak at the seams which are not sealed, so we recommend to use waterproof stuff sacks or line the pack with the plastic bag to protect your gear against rain and moisture.
This though pack has a lightweight frame which provides a very comfortable carry even with overloaded with 15kg of gear. The Gossamer Gear Mariposa is a versatile pack with huge carrying capacity and perfect set of features and plenty of storage space in external pockets for backpackers who enjoy multiple options for organizing gear.
How to Attach Hiking Poles to Your Mariposa? For attaching trekking poles hiking poles, an umbrella or other gear to your pack you can use Lightrek Pack Bungee Attachment (sold separately).
Mariposa 60 is an excellent choice for long distance hikes and if you're not going on long distance trips all the time, thanks to removable frame and waist belt it will be useful for short trips into the backcountry or any other adventures.
The pack comes with a medium belt installed and small and large belts are sold separately to allow customers to choose the size they need.
- New belt with added stiffener and stay integration for superior load transfer and comfort
- New unisex ergonomic belt shape
- New larger more functional integrated hipbelt pockets
- Unisex ergonomic harness for both men and women
- The Mariposa is best with loads under 14 kg / 30 lbs but will handle up to 16 kg / 35 lbs just fine
- Made of our custom 100 and 200 denier Robic nylon
- It comes with a SitLight pad and a removable stay
- The pack comes with a medium belt installed and small and large belts are sold separately to allow customers to choose the size they need
- OTT (Over-the-Top) closure system provides an easy secure closure
- Rear mesh pocket great for drying gear and other gear storage
- Custom air mesh fabric on shoulder straps and hipbelt for less friction and more comfort
- New trekking pole hardware for storing them outside the pack
- Right side bottle pockets accessible without taking off pack
- Internal hydration sleeve and drinking tube keeper loops on both shoulder straps
- Harness includes multiple attachment points for accessorizing
- Lashing loop doubles as ice axe holder
- Updated hipbelt includes new removable internal stay system
100 & 200 denier Robic high-tensil strength nylon
Select use of 70 denier double-rip ripstop nylon
Select use of Darlington Mesh
Select use of Supreme Air Mesh
Select use of Foam
60 L total
36 L in main pack body to extension collar seam
24 L spread across 7 exterior pockets
16 kg / 35 lb maximum carry capacity, 14 kg / 30 lbs for comfort
Height 55.9 cm / 22” to the extension collar only
Width 27.9 cm / 11”
Depth 19 cm / 7”
Extension collar adds another 29.2 cm / 11.5" of height
Pack body: 521 g / 18.4 oz
Pack frame: 85 g / 3.0 oz
Sitlight pad: 60 g / 2.1 oz
Total with no belt: 581 g / 20.5 oz
Total with small belt: 844 g / 29.8 oz
Total with medium belt: 865 g / 30.5 oz
Total with large belt: 884 g / 31.2 oz