GOSSAMER GEAR Murmur 36 Hyperlite Backpack - is frameless ultralight backpack intended for advanced ultralight backpackers with a base gear weight (minus food, fuel, and water) of 4,5kg (10 pounds) or less, with a max recommended load of 6.8kg (15 pounds). Made of 30 and 70 denier Robic nylon, and coated on both sides with silicone for weather protection.
It’s very lightweight specialized pack and Gossamer Gear in description of product say "if you’re not sure if it’s the right pack for you, it probably isn’t."
This pack is really well designed and sized for those with a light and simple kit. You don't get a lot of extra room for extra items, but that's the point. The outer stretchy pocket is huge and you can fit a lot of stuff in it.
Watch videos called "What's In My Pack" and you will see to fit tons of stuff in it, you just need to have highly compressible and lightweight gear that doesn’t take up much space and keep your weight down. It does require some work packing when you have lots of stuff.
One of our favorite features is the ultralight removable pad that acts as cushioning against the back. After arriving at camp you can take it out and use it as a seat, and as additional cushioning under your sleeping pad at night.
Going ultralight and this is the perfect piece of equipment for you. It's plenty spacious enough, and convenience is built in everywhere.
It is an awesome lightweight backpack and is almost unbelievable how light it is. This is a good backpack for light weekend backpacking with a base weight 4,5kg (10 pounds) or less.
30 and 70 denier Robic nylon
Ultralight micro mesh
Lightweight and incredibly waterproof fabric rated to 3000 mm H2O, but we have taken it over 4000
(Pack not sewn to be waterproof)
Pack body: 224 g / 7.9 oz (down from 8.5 oz)
Fast belt: 70 g / 2.5 oz
Sitlight Pad: 60 g / 2.1 oz
Total: 354 g / 12.5 oz
36 L total
28 L in main pack body to extension collar seam
8 L in exterior pockets
9 kg (20 lbs) recommended maximum carry capacity, 7 kg (15 lbs) for comfort
- Roll-top closure buckles for streamlined shape, but can clip together in ‘dry bag’ style to use extension collar.
- Removable padded waist belt with integrated pockets, adjustable to two torso heights.
- Unisex (Men's and Women's) shoulder straps and waist belt constructed with low profile, but super comfortable, highly breathable wall mesh.
- Ice axe holder with removable Velcro loops to secure items to pack.
- Large mesh pocket for drying items, or quick storage on trail without opening pack.
- Stretchy back panels hold included sit pad, or a thin sleeping pad, saving inside pack space, and allowing pad to be pulled out during rest breaks.
- Hydration tube port and guide straps.
- Removable/adjustable sternum strap.
Height 53.3 cm / 21”
Width 26.7 cm / 10.5”
Depth 15.2 cm / 6 “
Extension collar adds another 22.8 cm / 9" of height
Read more in review from sectionhiker.com