KATABATIC GEAR Tincup Down Jacket Men's - is designed, shaped, and filled to amp up the warmth while maintaining the thoughtful details of our Tarn. With fill-to-weight ratios averaging over 48%, the Tincup will make the list for all your chillier adventures. Check out all the features and details in the tabs below.
Trim fit: Designed for use over a light baselayer or midlayer. If you are near the cusp on sizes and would like to be able to use it over a warmer/bulkier layer, or prefer a roomier fit, you’ll want to size up.
- Zippered hand warmer pockets.
- Adjustable, drop tail hem; extra length in back to ensure coverage.
- Single-pull, two-way adjustable hood.
- Ultralight, flexible, and durable #5VS YKK front zipper.
- Pertex Quantum fabrics; shell made from recycled yarns.
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish repels moisture.
- RDS Certified 850+ fill power HyperDry goose down.
- Trim fit; size-up if between sizes.
- Internal box wall construction on top of hood and shoulders, with no external stitch lines: increases water resistance, heat retention, and durability.
- Sustainability: Thoughtfully designed and built to be ultralight, yet durable so it will stay out of the landfill longer. Bluesign® approved fabrics and down. Recycled shell fabric.
|TOTAL WEIGHT||303 g / 10.7 oz|| 323 g / 11.4 oz||354 g / 12.5 oz.|| 383 g / 13.5 oz.|
|FILL WEIGHT|| 145 g / 5.1 oz|| 156 g / 5.5 oz|| 170 g / 6.0 oz||187 g / 6.6 oz|
Pertex Quantum ECO Ripstop - outer shell fabric
The best fabric you’ll find for the shell of an ultralight jackets.
- Keeps your insulation drier: Best DWR we’ve tested
- Keeps your insulation loftier: Lightweight, soft, breathable, and downproof
- Reduces demand for raw materials: Eco version of Pertex Quantum is made from recycled yarns and maintains the fabric’s advanced performance qualities
Pertex Quantum Taffeta DWR - silky soft liner fabric on the inside
The softest fabric you’ll find for the liner of an jackets. This Pertex Quantum plain weave makes for a silky soft liner fabric on the inside of down jackets. We get tons of customer feedback stating that it’s the most comfortable sleeping bag fabric to ever brush up against them – not as clammy or crinkly as other fabrics.
850+ FILL POWER HYPERDRY™ GOOSE DOWN produced in the U.S. (Allied Feather and Down) with HyperDRY™ water-resistant treatment to make it hydrophobic.
Katabatic use the highest quality 850+ fill power HyperDRY™ hydrophobic down. This down has been treated to provide additional resistance to unwanted moisture. In conjunction with highly water-resistant shell materials, HyperDRY™ provides extra peace of mind, and dries faster than untreated down if it does get wet.
HyperDRY™ water-resistant down is bluesign® approved, so you can rest assured that it is safe for the environment and human health.
RESPONSIBLY SOURCED DOWN
Like many of our customers, we at Katabatic Gear are concerned with the environmental and animal welfare impact of our products. We are dedicated to a responsibly sourced, and very high quality product, just like our down supplier, Allied Feather and Down. They are certified through both the bluesign® and Responsible Down Standard® programs.
WHY CHOOSE DOWN OVER SYNTHETIC INSULATION?
Down is significantly more compressible, while still offering more generous loft and superior warmth to weight ratio. Additionally, synthetic insulation breaks down faster over the life of the product, losing loft and warmth more quickly than down. As a result, a down-filled product will stay in your kit longer, and out of the landfill, making down a better value and better choice for the environment.