THERMAREST NeoAir UberLite Sleeping Mat - is the lightest insulated full-sized inflatable sleeping pad ever made. The NeoAir Uberlite only weighs 250g / 8.8 ounces (Regular) and has an R-value of 2.3 with 6.4 cm / 2.5 inches of cushioning.
UberLite looks like other Therm-a-Rest’s NeoAir sleeping pads, but it’s made with lighter fabric and has less insulation to save weight and therefore is not intended for use in cooler seasons. You can extend its temperature range by using it in combination with a cell foam pads from Gossamer Gear or Therm-a-Rest Z-Lite Sol to increase its insulation in colder weather and take advantage of its comfort while sleeping.
The pad uses Therm-a-Rest’s construction called Triangular Core Matrix, meaning that you rest on two stacked layers of triangular baffles. This arrangement decreases heat loss and increases stability.
The UberLite mat is not noisy and doesn’t make a crinkly sound and is also the quietest sleeping pad among others NeoAir products.
The UberLite features the high-performance WingLock valve, allowing the pad to inflate three times faster thanks to a larger opening and one-way inflation. The pad includes a breath-saving pump sack, compact stuff sack and field repair kit. Using the pump sack, you save the effort and energy of doing that by mouth and avoid moisture from your breath to get inside the pad and potentially shorten its lifespan.
The NeoAir UberLite rolls up smaller than a 1L Nalgene Bottle.
"It is the absolute lightest insulated air pad we've ever built, the UberLite keeps your pack featherweight on the trail."
- Featherweight: Weighing just north of half a pound, the UberLite sets a new standard for ultralight comfort.
- Minimal Pack Size: Shrinks down smaller than any NeoAir® ever.
- Big On Comfort: 6.4 cm (2.5 inches) of cushion provide luxurious rest during your fast and light activities.
- Reliable NeoAir® Construction: Built using our trusted Triangular Core Matrix™ to maximize your rest during long, backcountry objectives.
- WingLock™ Valve: Our intuitive and dependable valve maximizes air flow for easier inflation and quicker deflation. Wings toggle for one-way inflation to save breath.
- Pump sack, stuff sack and repair kit included
Dimensions: 119 x 51 x 6,4 cm
Packed size: 15 x 9 cm
Weighs: 170 g
Dimensions: 183 x 51 x 6,4 cm
Packed size: 15 cm x 9 cm
Weighs: 250 g
Dimensions: 196 x 64 x 6,4 cm
Packed size: 19 cm x 10 cm
Check comparison of the three Therm-a-Rest NeoAir sleeping pad - UberLite, X-Lite, X-Therm
Review from gearjunkie.com
Review from sectionhiker.com
Review from backpackinglight.com
Therm-a-Rest 2019 NeoAir UberLite Mattress won six awards at OR Summer Market:
- Outside Magazine, “Gear of the Show” Award
- Women’s Health, “Outdoor Retailer Editors’ Choice Award”
- Gear Patrol, “Editors’ Choice”
- Gear Junkie, Outdoor Retailer “Best In Show”
- Section Hiker, “Editors’ Choice Gear Picks”
- Outdoor Retailer Daily, “Editors’ Pick”
Are you interested in the Therm-a-Rests backstage of designing mattresses? Read the interview with its product manager and designer.