GOSSAMER GEAR Kumo 36 Superlight - is great, very well designed pack from Gossamer Gear. It is though, frameless, smaller volume pack, great for smaller, lighter loads for ultralight hikers who have their lightweight gear dialled in.
Kumo 36 is a fully featured ultralight backpack that can be use as a day hiking backpack, for overnight trips, or can be also use by minimalist thru-hikers.
Kumo 36 has a lot of accessible storage in the large power mesh pocket for wet clothing, in the external pockets for things like snacks, water bottles... and plenty of room on the inside. You can quickly access your gear with the OTT (Over-the-Top™) closure. 4 “D” rings on top allow for strapping a pad or other items on top of the OTT™ closure system
If you are trying to lighten your load and are on a budget then you should definitely check out the Kumo 36 from Gossamer Gear.
- Dual stretchy shoulder strap pockets
- Recommended for loads of 25 pounds of less
- Made of our custom 70 and 210 denier Robic nylon
- Dual, reachable water bottle pockets
- 4 “D” rings on top allow for strapping a pad or other items on top of the OTT™ closure system
- Ergonomic (Men's and Women's) shoulder strap system matching the award winning Mariposa and Gorilla.
- Detachable fast belt with pockets and two webbing loop heights to adjust fit.
- Rear mesh pocket great for drying gear and other gear storage
- Sewn-in web loops, shock cord, and cord locks for side or back compression
- Grosgrain drinking tube keeper loop are on shoulder straps
- Internal hydration sleeve
- Lashing loop doubles as ice axe holder
Custom 70 & 100 denier Robic nylon
Custom 70 X 210 denier Robic/Extreema for high wear areas
36 L total
28 L in main pack body to extension collar seam
8 L in mesh pocket and side pockets
11kg / 25 lb maximum carry capacity, 9 kg / 20 lbs for comfort
Pack body: 451 g / 15.9 oz
Fast belt: 76 g / 2.7 oz
Sitlight pad: 60 g / 2.1 oz
Cord and Cordlocks: 8 g / 0.3 oz
Height 55.9 cm / 22” to extension collar seam
Width 27.9 cm / 11”
Depth 11.4 cm / 4.5”