HMG 4400 Southwest - designed for remote, multi-sport trips to inhospitable regions, where resupplies are infrequent. Made from 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber) and with additional elastic frame sheet support for extra load carrying capacity, this ultralight pack is highly durable. Further weatherproof your kit by using our Stuff Sacks.
Body: 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid
Bottom: Double reinforced 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid
External Pockets: Dyneema® Hardline
1114g | 2.45 lbs | 39.31 oz
Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
- Three external, solid Dyneema® Hardline pockets
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Internal plastic frame sheet for added back panel support
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression -- Designed to secure gear
- Dyneema® Hardline dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Dyneema® Hardline zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ice Axe loop
- Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
LOAD CAPACITY: up to 27kg (60 lbs)
Interior: 70L (4400 cu. in.)
External: 9.8L (600 cu. in.)
Center pocket: 300 cu. in.
Side pockets: 150 cu. in.
Top Circumference: 45” (114.3cm)
Bottom Circumference: 37.5” (95.3)
Height (fully unrolled): 38.5” (97.8cm)
Back Width: 10.5” (26.7cm)
If you don't know which one would best meet your needs, here is a short comparison of HMG backpacks
Hyperlite Mountain Gear manufactures a line of ultralight backpacks designed for everything from a quick day trip to an extended expedition. HMG backpacks are made of 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics with tape stitch lines. When used with ultralight DCF stuff sacks, their gear provides a rainproof system for your excursion. Combined with ultralight shelter systems, you will feel like you can fly. Cushioned shoulder straps and hip belts, padded lumbar support and shaped aluminum stays, provide a super-comfortable fit. HMG lightweight Dyneema® packs have been specifically designed for backpacking, mountain climbing, and ice climbing, but are suitable for cycling, pack rafting, day hiking or just getting around town.