Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Porter - is 55 liter, 33 oz. (939 gram for M size) ultralight pack is fifteen liters smaller than Porter 4400 but includes all the same features including four vertical daisy chains for lashing paddles, snowshoes, or a helmet. This model also has great pack volume for traveling in areas where you need to carry a bear canister.
With its streamlined design plus a multitude of attachment points, the Porter 3400 gives mountaineers, hikers, multi-discipline adventurers and day-tripping packrafters a variety of options providing the capability for trip-specific customization.
The Porter 3400 includes fully sealed side seams and sealing behind all sewn-on pack features for improved water resistance, a more durable double-reinforced 150d pack bottom. Weatherproof your kit by using our Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber) Stuff Sacks. The Porter Stuff Pocket offers extra storage.
HMG can custom fit this pack for skiers by adding reinforced fully-woven Dyneema® side panels, bottom and ski holsters. For customization please write us an email.
Body: DCH50 | 50D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid: 3.5 oz/yd² | 120 g/m²
Bottom: DCH150 | Double reinforced 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid | 5.0 oz/yd² | 170 g/m²
939g | 2.07 lbs | 33.12 oz
Weight may vary slightly by torso size
CAPACITY: 55,7 liter (3400 cu/in)
- Four external, vertical daisy chains for attaching Porter Stuff Pocket, Porter Water Bottle Holders, or extra gear for trip-specific customization
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Six side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression -- Designed to secure gear
- Internal zippered pocket
- Dyneema® Hardline hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Dyneema® Hardline zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ability to stow two ice axes on daisy chains
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- For extra external carrying capacity is possible to attach external mesh pocket
Small (15.0” - 17.0” torso)Medium (17.0” - 19.0” torso)Large (19.0” - 21.0” torso)Tall (21.0"+ torso)
Top Circumference: 95.3cm | 40”
Bottom Circumference: 85.1cm | 33.5”
Height (fully unrolled): 72.6cm | 34”
Back Width: 26.7cm | 10.5”
Hand crafted in Maine, USA
If you don't know which one would best meet your needs, here is a short comparison of HMG backpacks
Hyperlite Mountain Gear manufactures a line of ultralight backpacks designed for everything from a quick day trip to an extended expedition. HMG backpacks are made of 100% waterproof Dyneema® materials with tape stitch lines. When used with ultralight Dyneema stuff sacks, their gear provides a rainproof system for your excursion. Combined with ultralight shelter systems, you will feel like you can fly. Cushioned shoulder straps and hip belts, padded lumbar support and shaped aluminum stays, provide a super-comfortable fit. HMG lightweight Dyneema packs have been specifically designed for backpacking, mountain climbing, and ice climbing, but are suitable for cycling, pack rafting, day hiking or just getting around town.