Borah Gear Cuben Bivy side zipper
This is the lightest bivy from Borah Gear, weighing only 120g in standard length and girth and with side zipper. This bivy is for the true ultralight backpacker who wants to save as much weight as possible and carry minimal volume. The zipper goes across the chest and then takes a turn down the left side for approx. 51cm (20"), creating a bivy that is easier to get into.
It is one versatile piece of ultralight gear that can be used in a variety of situations to increase your sleeping comfort and to protect from the elements at minimal weight so you will take on every trip.
- You can use it alone in the summer hot nights, when you do not need a sleeping bag but do need some wind and water protection and a bit of warmth.
- You can put it over your down bag for extra rain protection and for extra warmth in the cold winter nights and use it under a tarp to get a versatile shelter system.
- You can put your sleeping pad inside the bivy to increase its thermal efficiency.
This is a piece of gear you must have if you are trying to lighten your load.
WEIGHT: 125 g (4.4oz) + 4g DCF cuben stuff sack
Argon67 breathable and water resistant ripstop nylon top fabric
.74oz DCF cuben floor
0.5oz Noseeum mesh window
- Minimal weight and minimal volume
- #3 YKK zipper across chest
- Grosgrain pullout to keep netting off face (shock cord included)
- Double-stitched seams
- Stake loops on footbox
- DCF cuben stuff sack included
SIZE Standard size: fits users up to 185cm (6'1") comfortably
Cuben bivy is available in two sizes and two girths:
Long size: fits users up to 193cm (6'4")
Standard girth: is 185cm (73") at the shoulders and 152cm (64") at the feet.Wide girth: is 198cm (78") at the shoulders and 168cm (66") at the feet.
If the user is > 85kg (180-220lbs), use a wide. If you use a 63.5 cm (25") wide pad, go with a wide regardless of weight.
Note: Although the DCF cuben fiber bottom is a very strong fabric for the weight, a little care should be taken when selecting a site to use. Clear the place you plan to sleep of any rocks or sharp objects. In case of a puncture on the floor (this should be rare with proper site selection), duct tape can be used as a semi-permanent repair. Cuben patches are also readily avaiable on the web for cheap.