KATABATIC GEAR Bristlecone Bivy - this ultralight bivy presents another quality product from Katabatic. Waterproof floor with a water resistant upper to protect your quilt from spray and mist.
Featuring a large mesh panel across the top of the bivy and long U shaped zipper extending from waist level across the top, allowing for easy entry and exit. The #3 YKK zipper is easy to use, and the dual zippers do not snag. All the seams and stitching are neat and tight. All these small details indicate that is a well-made bivy.
The bivy has plenty of room inside for gear storage. It is long enough to allow you to store gear in the foot when it is cold as well as enough room on the sides and space behind your head for small items. Bivy provides enough space for wide sleeping pads.
Designed to work well with both tarps and pyramid shelters to create a perfect bivy/tarp system and providing a reliable light-weight alternative for fast and light hikers. It will line up well with your Katabatic quilt.
WEIGHT: 207 g / Regular size
PERTEX QUANTUM AIR
The best fabric you’ll find for the upper shell of an ultralight bivy.
Excellent DWR to protect you from spray and mist
Increased Air Permeability reduces condensation
Bathtub Floor Material
ROBIC® NYLON WITH SILICONE/UTS COATING
ROBIC® high tenacity yarn and UTS coating provide extra tear strength and abrasion resistance for our bivy floor
- Large Mesh Panel- No-seeum mesh window over your head provides ventilation.
- Long #3 YKK Zipper- Long inverted U zipper running from waist level to above head, allows easy entry and exit.
- Waterproof ROBIC® Nylon Silicone/UTS Coated Floor- ROBIC® high tenacity yarn and UTS coating provide extra tear strength, abrasion resistance, and it is less slick than a traditional silicone coating.
- Bathtub Style Floor- Reduced seams in the floor for increased weather resistance.
- Pertex Quantum Air Upper- This highly breathable, water resistant fabric features a long lasting DWR coating that outperforms and outlasts other DWR treatments. Increased air permeability reduces condensation while remaining highly wind resistant.
- Internal Sleeping Pad Attachment- Internal sleeping pad attachment keeps your sleeping pad in place. The Cord Clip locations on our quilts line up with the pad attachments in our bivys. Cinch your pad in place in your bivy, then simply clip your quilt onto the same cords.
- Full Bug Protection- Full bug protection keeps the creepy crawlies at bay, making the bivy ideal for use under a tarp or floorless shelter.
- Elastic Hang Loops- Tie loops at the head and foot to keep the bivy fabric off your face and quilt.