Borah Gear Ultralight Bivy side zipper - is a great lightweight bivy with a mesh face panel and side zipper weighing only 198g at really good price. If any of the big names in bivy bags offered the Borah, you would pay much more for such high quality of both the materials and the craftsmanship. The zipper goes across the chest and then takes a turn down the left side for approx. 60cm (24"), creating a bivy that is easier to get into. When packed in the included silnylon stuff sack, the bivy is barely larger than a 1 liter water bottle.
It is one versatile piece of ultralight gear that can be used in a variety of situations to increase your sleeping comfort and to protect from the elements at minimal weight so you will take on every trip.
This is a piece of gear you must have if you are trying to lighten your load.
- You can use it alone in the summer hot nights, when you do not need a sleeping bag but do need some wind and water protection and a bit of warmth.
- You can put it over your down bag for extra rain protection and for extra warmth in the cold winter nights and use it under a tarp to get a versatile shelter system.
- You can put your sleeping pad inside the bivy to increase its thermal efficiency.
30D Silnylon floor - durable with no need for a groundsheet
0.7oz no-see-um netting top protects against bugs.
Water Resistant/Breathable upper fabric Argon90
Argon 90 is ripstop DWR coated nylon fabric, has excellent breathability, shed water nicely. Argon 90 is slightly more water resistant than Argon 67.
183g (6.4 oz) for standard length, standard girth + 5g silnylon stuff sack
- #3 YKK zipper
- Footbox stake loops
- Grosgrain pull-loop to keep netting off face - includes shock cord
- Double-stitched seams
- Silnylon stuff sack included
Ultralight bivy is available in two sizes:
Standard size: fits up to 185cm (6'1") comfortably
Standard sized girth is 185cm (73") at the shoulders and 152cm (60") at the foot
Long size: fits up to 193cm (6'4")
Large sized girth is 198cm (78") at the shoulders and 163cm (64") at the foot.