Hyperlite Mountain Gear 4400 Porter - ideal go-to pack for packrafters, yet also great for multi-discipline adventurers, extended trips in the backcountry, ski touring or winter travel when you just need more space, the Porter 4400 is a 70 liter, 37.6 oz. (1106 g in M size) ultralight pack capable of carrying all your needs for the big trips, including your boat.
The Porter has a minimalist design with hip-belt pockets, a roll-top closure and four vertical daisy chains on the exterior of the bag, perfect for lashing paddles, snowshoes, helmets, or a variety of other gear for trip-specific adventures.
The Porter 4400 has a wider circumference than 2400 or 3400 versions, and includes a Y-top compression over the roll-top closure, two vertical compression straps, six side compression straps, removable shaped aluminum stays, an internal zipper pocket and a double-reinforced 150D Dyneema® hybrid bottom.
For extra external carrying capacity, add the Porter Stuff Pocket, an attachable external mesh pocket. Weatherproof your pack by using Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber) Stuff Sacks.
CAPACITY: 70 l, 4400 cu/in
Body: 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid
Bottom: Double reinforced 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid
1129g | 2.49 lbs | 39.84 oz
Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
LOAD CAPACITY: up to 27kg (60 lbs)
- Four external, vertical daisy chains for attaching Porter Stuff Pocket, Porter Water Bottle Holders, or extra gear for trip-specific customization
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Internal plastic frame sheet for added back panel support
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Six side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression -- Designed to secure gear
- Internal zippered pocket
- Dyneema® Hardline dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Dyneema® Hardline zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ability to stow two ice axes on daisy chains
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
Small (15.0” - 17.0” torso)Medium (17.0” - 19.0” torso)Large (19.0” - 21.0” torso)Tall (21.0"+ torso)
Top Circumference: 45” (114.3cm)Bottom Circumference: 37.5” (95.3)Height (fully unrolled): 38.5” (97.8cm)Back Width: 10.5” (26.7cm)
Hand crafted in Maine, USA
If you don't know which one would best meet your needs, here is a short comparison of HMG backpacks
Hyperlite Mountain Gear manufactures a line of ultralight backpacks designed for everything from a quick day trip to an extended expedition. HMG backpacks are made of 100% waterproof Cuben Fiber materials with tape stitch lines. When used with ultralight DCF stuff sacks, their gear provides a rainproof system for your excursion. Combined with ultralight shelter systems, you will feel like you can fly. Cushioned shoulder straps and hip belts, padded lumbar support and shaped aluminum stays, provide a super-comfortable fit. HMG lightweight Cuben Fiber packs have been specifically designed for backpacking, mountain climbing, and ice climbing, but are suitable for cycling, pack rafting, day hiking or just getting around town.