EuroSchirm Light Trek Ultra - is one of the lightest trekking umbrella on the market.
Although the original Light Trek umbrella is very light, the Light Trek Ultra is about 80g lighter weighing just 175 g. And what is important manufacturer reduce the weight without compromising on strength. Same as for the light trek as the basic model the light trek ultra has got only the latest and best materials.
The Light Trek Ultra is the first choice for all outdoor fans for whom low weight is essential. Aluminium and carbon rods reduce the weight to a minimum. When folded, the high quality folding umbrella excels by its compact size so that it can be transported comfortably in a bag or a backpack. Alternatively, the light trek ultra can be fastened with a carabiner to the outside of a backpack or bag thus it will be immediately within reach for the next rain.
If you really need the lightest and smallest umbrella to keep you dry while hiking, this is a good option.
The silver UV-light protective coating is especially recommended for the protection against sun and heat. It is almost completely resistant against harmful UV-radiation and offers a TÜV certified light protection factor of UPF 50+ (Australia/New Zealand Standard). In addition, the silver-metallic-coating reflects the heat very efficiently so that it is considerably cooler under the umbrellas with silver UPF 50+ coating than under umbrellas with a normal canopy.
WEIGHT: 175 g
CANOPY: Polyester fabric with Teflon®-treatment
LENGTH: 58 cm (opened); 27,5 cm (closed)
DIAMETER: 98 cm
OPENING: manual mechanism
- Featherweight but also extremely stabile frame made of aluminium and real carbon; all frame parts are highly flexible and corrosion resistant
- 3-section aluminium shaft in 10 corner shape, anodized in black
- Manual opening and closing by comfortable push/pull runner system – no piniching of fingers
- Extra short tips reduce the risk of injuries
- Comfortable EVA-hard-foam handle with wrist loop; the wrist loop at the handle can be adjusted to the individual size of your hand
- Extra lightweight but sturdy polyester fabric with Teflon®-treatment for highest water repellency; double stitched seams between the panels prevent the canopy from being torn out.
- Foldable case with practical carrying loop; alternatively the light trek ultra can be fixed with the carabiner at the backpack, belt or bag.
The family-owned company EBERHARD GÖBEL GMBH+CO KG has been developing and manufacturing extraordinary umbrellas that reflect the highest German quality for more than 90 years.
Euroschirm had all their trekking umbrellas professionally tested in the wind tunnel at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). All trekking umbrellas achieved excellent results in this extreme test - i.e. all trekking umbrellas survived wind force 10, 11 and some even 12 completely undamaged. Watch the video.
Trekking Umbrellas - light-weight and strong - the perfect complement to modern rain gear when hiking. Free from perspiration as there is no uncomfortable heat built-up.