KATABATIC GEAR Flex 30°F / -1°C - is a versatile blanket style sleeping bag that can be used comfortably over a wide range of temperatures. It is perfect for thru-hikers or folks who need one sleeping bag to cover multiple seasons. It's versatile design allows to accommodate a greater range of temperatures more easily than a traditional sleeping bag. Cold nights you can regulated by adding layers. Zippered foot box offers numerous options for ventilation, you can use it fully open like a blanket, or close the footbox and cinch up.
The Katabatic Cord Clip attachment system easily latches on to any sleeping pad and offers unmatched flexibility in a quilt style sleeping bag. The elastic binding around the bottom opening prevents drafts at the base and also comes with removable webbing straps to be used without attaching to a sleeping pad. Watch attachment system video for more details. Katabatic conservative temperature ratings are usually a bit warmer compared to other brands with the same rating. Continuous horizontal baffles allow you to move the insulation and dial in the perfect amount of warmth for varying conditions. Baffles are generously filled to prevent unintended down migration in the middle of the night. The down filled collar maximizes the warmth and comfort of the draw cord closure.
Katabatic use the best raw materials Pertex Quantum for increased strength and water resistance with industry leading DWR.
Premium goose down provides the most effective warmth to weight ratio which is ethically sourced and RDS certified.
Whether you are looking to reduce pack weight or increase the versatility of your sleep system the Flex is an adaptable blanket style sleeping bag that is perfect for the most of your spring, summer, and fall backpacking trips.
WEIGHT: 556 g (Regular size)
Pertex Quantum Y Fuse ECO Ripstop - outer shell fabric, 0.85oz/yd
The best fabric you’ll find for the shell of an ultralight sleeping bag.
- Keeps your insulation drier: Best DWR we’ve tested
- Keeps your insulation loftier: Lightweight, soft, breathable, and downproof
- Keeps your quilt out of the landfill: Pertex Y Fuse technology extends the longevity of this already durable UL fabric, and also improves its highly downproof and water beading properties
- Reduces demand for raw materials: Eco version of Pertex Quantum is made from recycled yarns and maintains the fabric’s advanced performance qualities
Pertex Quantum Taffeta DWR - silky soft liner fabric on the inside, 1.0oz/yd
The softest fabric you’ll find for the liner of an ultralight sleeping bag. This Pertex Quantum plain weave makes for a silky soft liner fabric on the inside of our quilts. We get tons of customer feedback stating that it’s the most comfortable sleeping bag fabric to ever brush up against them – not as clammy or crinkly as other fabrics.
900 Fill Power Premium Goose Down produced in the U.S. (Allied Feather and Down) with HyperDRY™ water-resistant treatment to make it hydrophobic.
This down has been treated to provide additional resistance to unwanted moisture. In conjunction with highly water-resistant shell materials, HyperDRY™ provides extra peace of mind, and dries faster than untreated down if it does get wet. Is this a miracle water-proofing that will allow you to sleep out in the rain or dunk your bag in water with wild abandon? No. Will it give you extra protection and help maintain loft in damp conditions? Absolutely! HyperDRY™ water-resistant down is bluesign® approved, so you can rest assured that it is safe for the environment and human health.
- Patented Pad Attachment System – Widely considered the best design on the market for preventing drafts. Offers unmatched versatility, comfort and efficiency in a quilt style sleeping bag.
- Can Be Used Without a Sleeping Pad – Comes with removable webbing straps to be used without attaching to a sleeping pad.
- Elastic Binding Around Bottom Opening – Elastic binding around the bottom opening prevents gaps and drafts at the sleeping pad.
- Differential Cut – A critical factor in quilt style bags with adjustable girth, differential cut allows for maximum loft from our premium goose down.
- Continuous Baffles – With continuous baffles the down can be easily moved around in the bag as temperatures dictate for maximum versatility.
- Down Filled Collar – Our overstuffed collar fits comfortably against your neck to seal this critical area from drafts.
- Draft Blocking Foot Box Closure – When the temperature drops, and you need a closed foot box, our down-filled draft blocker and snap system fill the gaps, while allowing multiple venting options for warmer weather.
- Overstuffed Baffles over the Foot Section – Provides extra insulation over your feet to ensure toasty toes.
- Designed, filled, finished and stringently inspected in Colorado.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Silnylon Stuff Sack
Storage Bag - 100% recycled, breathable fabric
2mm Cords for attaching to your pad