NEMO Switchback sleeping pad - is ultralight closed-cell foam sleeping pad for backpacking. Is also a great option for ultralight backpackers on a budget. Switchback redefines the closed-cell foam pad with several design and engineering innovations to deliver even more thickness and plush comfort and an industry-leading packed size.
It’s quite similar to the Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol sleeping pad, but made with improved materials and more precisely molded to eliminate wasted space between folded layers for a smaller packed size.
Switchback is made of nearly indestructible closed-cell foam with a metallized thermal film layer to efficiently reflect heat back to your body. Blend that with 15% more heat-trapping space, this new innovative design is able to deliver a warmer, more comfortable sleep than other pads in this category.
The Switchback sleeping pad is very versatile. It can be used as a standalone sleeping pad, a sit pad, a frame for a frameless backpack, or an extra layer of insulation under air pads on sub-freezing nights. There is no possibility of a puncture or deflate overnight.
The Switchback is easy to use, it takes seconds to unfold and pack up, so you’ll have more time on the trail.
Is very versatile and easy to use delivering lightning fast setup and fail-proof security on all types of adventures like thru-hiking where weight and durability matter most or even for extreme mountaineering as an extra layer of insulation under inflatable pads to protect you from extreme cold.
MATERIAL: PE foam
INSULATION: Closed-cell Foam & Low-Emissivity Film
|Weight||415 g / 14.5 oz|
|Packed Size||51 x 13 x 14 cm / 20.0 x 5.0 x 5.5 in|
|Thickness||2.3 cm / 0.9 in|
|Dimensions||183 x 51 x 2 cm / 72 x 20 x 0.9 in|
- Highly-efficient, hexagonal nesting pattern allocates more space for taller, wider nodes, providing significantly greater plushness.
- More precise tooling eliminates wasted space between folded layers, enabling taller nodes to nest tighter for a smaller packed size.
- Taller nodes create more space for uncompressed sleeping bag insulation, trapping more warmth around your body.
- Premium dual-density Axiotomic™ foam offers a supple layer for comfort and a resilient layer for support.
- Metalized thermal reflective film reflects heat back to your body and is protected by a durable film.
- Axiotomic™ dual-density foam is optimized for well-balanced compression and abrasion resistance.
- Extremely easy to use, delivers comfort and security on all types of adventures from mountaineering, thru-hiking, or camping on a budget. Folding panel design allows for lightning-fast, easy set up and packing.
- Use as a standalone pad for ultralight durability and comfort or pair with another pad for extra insulation and comfort in extreme cold conditions.