SIX MOON DESIGNS Lunar DUO Outfitter - uses a more common and little bit heavier fabric than the Lunar Duo Explorer. Constructed from durable 190T Polyester, the fabric is polyurethane-coated instead of silicone-coated, which eliminates many of the annoying complaints associated with silicone nylon. With the weight of 1,6kg (57 oz.), it still packs both smaller and lighter than any tent of similar size.
This ultralight shelter offers dual doors and vestibules with oversize doors to ease entry and exit from the tent and provides the backcountry travelers an unsurpassed amount of space, comfort, durability and low cost. The tent is very roomy for a 2 person tent and you will certainly love plenty of room.
It's fully netted in so bugs aren’t an issue.
The Lunar Duo does require the use of trekking poles to pitch, but for those that do not use trekking poles (bikepackers...), Six Moon Designs does sell an optional Carbon Fiber pole to use instead. If you plan to use a ground sheet under the tent, check Tyvek ground sheet or Polycro footprint from Six Moon Designs.
THREE WORDS BEST DESCRIBE THE LUNAR DUO
- SPACIOUS: This tent is at home in a campground as much as a top a windswept ridge and large enough for four adults to sit and play a game of cards.
- SECURE: No matter how bad the weather, you can batten down the hatches for a comfortable nights sleep.
- ULTRALIGHT: Lunar Duo offers no compromises despite the fact that it’s less than half the weight of your traditional tent.
The Lunar Duo offers the most interior room of any tent in its class and weight range. Dual curved poles located on either side create a unique arched roof. Combined with a tent height of 1,14 m and width of 1,37 m leaves so much interior space you've got room to spare.
The Lunar Duo's two vestibules can be deployed to multiple positions. When fully open, it provides maximum cross ventilation, keeping you cool and those pesky mosquitoes at bay. They can be raised or lowered, ensuring that you can achieve the optimum configuration for the weather you're likely to encounter. The Lunar Duo's vertical sidewalls prevent rain falling into the tent. With dual oversize vestibules, each person has plenty of weatherproof storage for gear.
This shelter is made of 190T Polyurethane coated polyester that requires Gear Aid's Seam Grip Plus FC to seam seal and achieve complete waterproofness. It is important to note that seam sealed products can no longer be returned within 30 days. However, the product is still under warranty.
HOW TO SEAM SEAL MY TENT ACCORDING TO SIX MOON DESIGNS
Canopy: 190T Polyester
Floor: 190T Polyester
Netting: 40D Ultralight No-See-Um
Zipper: #8 Zipper Chain
Spacer Poles: Easton 7075 HS
WEIGHT: 1616g / 57 oz.
- Heavy Duty #8 Zippers provides more durability for this two-person tent.
- Dual Full Vestibule provides protection while still maintaining good ventilation when closed. Open both vestibules to maximize ventilation and view.
- High Vents provides additional moisture control.
- Dual Entry ensures each person has their own door for those nightly trips.
- Single Piece Bathtub Floor makes a more watertight floor.
- Easy Tension Adjustment makes keeping the tent taut a trivial task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag. Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Dual Hiking Pole Support
- Dual Cargo Pockets
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than five minutes under any conditions.