SIX MOON DESIGNS Lunar Solo Tent - is a lightweight and compact 3 season solo tent with a good size sleeping area and vestibule, ideal for ultralight backpackers. It’s so small, light, easy to set up, and the interior space is amazing!
The Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo is a very well designed, it performs all the functions of a tent (protection from the elements, bugs, etc.), at the weight of a tarp.
The Lunar Solo for 2018 is newly constructed with 100% Silicone coated Polyester material. The Canopy is 20D material and the floor has been constructed with 40D material for additional strength. The canopy stretch has been decreased along with the packed volume. We have also made the main guy line a reflective cord and guy outs for the corners are also now reflective.
The Lunar Solo's distinctive low hexagonal shape easily spills the wind no matter the direction. Short, steeply sloped sides, handle snow or high winds with ease. A generous canopy covers a 26 sq. ft. sleeping area plus 8.5 sq. ft. of vestibule storage. The 48" peak height, set in the middle of the tent maximizes room for sitting and taking care of chores.
The sleeping area is a surrounded 6-inch deep bathtub floor, topped by 6 inches of mesh. This ensures excellent ventilation while keeping you separated from low canopy walls. This keeps you drier on those occasions when condensation forms on the canopy.
The vestibule is set on the long side of the tent to maximize views and ventilation when fully open. Close it and you've got phenomenal protection from the worst storms.
A 2012 redesign raised the canopy up to 122 cm and offset the pole. The result was considerably more headroom. Extending the floor to 229 cm and making end walls vertical enhances sleeping for taller individuals. The slight reduction in floor space is more than compensated for by better weather handling. With more vertical walls, the Lunar Solo easily sheds wind and snow.
The Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo is an excellent shelter for an extended backpacking trip for ultralight backpackers.
Lunar Solo was awarded Editor's Choice Gold Award by Backpacker magazine as "The Best Gear of the Year".
"A 122cm (48 inch) tall peak height was good enough for our 188cm (6’2”) tester to change shirt layers without brushing the walls, and there’s space inside for all the gear you don’t want to store in the 0.8 m² (8.5 ft²) vestibule."
Seams aren't sealed. We recommend Gear Aid / McNett seam sealer for Silnylon products to achieve complete waterproofness. We do not offer seam sealing service at this time. It is important to note that seam sealed products can no longer be returned within 30 days. However, the product is still under warranty.
Canopy 20D Silicone Coated Polyester 3,000mm Rating
Floor 40D Silicone Coated Polyester 3,000mm Rating
Netting 20D Ultralight No-See-Um
Zipper #3 YKK
WEIGHT: 740 g | 26 oz (weight does not include stakes or pole)
- Full Vestibule provides protection while still maintaining good ventilation when closed. Fully open, the vestibule maximizes ventilation and view.
- High Vent removes excess moisture build up.
- Zipper Vestibule Closure makes opening and closing the vestibule a snap.
- Easy Tensioning Adjustment makes keeping the tent taut a trivial task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag. Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Floating Floor reduces floor stress and helps to minimize punctures from sharp objects.
- Optimized Sleeping Area is oriented to maximize usable space, ventilation, and view. A peak height of 48 inches gives you plenty of headroom.
- Center Pole Support significantly improves the ability of the tent to handle wind and snow loads.
- Single Hiking Pole Support reduces the amount of gear need.
- Internal Gear Area keeps your gear easily accessible.
- Oversized Screen Door allows easy entrance and exit while keeping the front pole out of your way.
- Ultra-light Waterproof Canopy is made from high strength 20 denier Silicone Polyester.
- Handy Mesh Cargo Pocket
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than two minutes under any conditions.