SIX MOON DESIGNS Haven Tarp - is a single wall shaped tarp for 2-person that offers fully enclosed 4-sided protection from the rain and wind and plenty of interior space and privacy. The Haven Tarp is designed to provide the maximum amount of protection for a minimum weight.
The tent comes with a guylines and a SilNylon stuff sack, but still needs two adjustable trekking poles or dedicated tent poles and a minimum of six stakes to completely set up.
Its dual pole design with 122 cm (48") wide canopy provides a tremendous amount of headroom. The wide canopy creates nearly vertical sidewalls.
The Haven Tarp is plenty tall enough for sitting up inside, and has a lot of of covered and protected space for you to spread out your sleeping gear and other equipment. The center peak of the Haven is offset slightly toward the front of the tent. This raises the canopy off your face and sets the peak to the more natural position when sitting. Dual tabs on either side of the canopy allow the Haven Tarp to be hung from a line between two trees, eliminating the need for poles.
The Haven Tarp is designed to be mated with the Haven NetTent. NetTent are sold separately and can be used separately or together to create a lightweight 2-person shelter system. Together they form a luxurious sized double wall shelter at a mere 964 grams. To use the tarp and net tent together, you set up the tarp first and then clip the net tent onto the tarp from underneath. This configuration allows the tarp to be set up first or taken down last under rainy conditions. Your NetTent will remain dry and safely secure in your pack.
If you are interested in double-wall Haven with an inner tent, check out Haven Bundle.
Clip into the corners of Haven tarp a floating bathtub floor to protect you from wet conditions. You can buy Haven Groundsheet.
The Haven Tarp is great for any lightweight backpacking or thru-hiking adventure. It is a solid choice for those who want plenty of space for two people, but don't want to spend a lot of money for complete ultralight shelter.
Seams aren't sealed. This shelter is made of 20D Silicone Coated Nylon that requires Gear Aid's Seam Grip SIL Silicone Tent Sealant to seam seal and achieve complete waterproofness. It is important to note that seam sealed products can no longer be returned within 30 days. However, the product is still under warranty. HOW TO SEAM SEAL MY TENT ACCORDING TO SIX MOON DESIGNS
WEIGHT: 510 g / 18 oz (without stakes or poles)
Canopy: 20D Silicon Coated Nylon
Zipper: #3 YKK
- Full 360-degree protection allows this tarp to provide enhanced security when compared to a traditional flat tarp.
- High Vent helps remove excess moisture build up.
- Zipper Vestibule Closure makes opening and closing the vestibule a snap.
- Dual Side Entry makes entering and exiting easy.
- Easy Tension Adjustment makes keeping the tent taut a trivial task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag. Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Optimized Sleeping Area is oriented to maximize usable space, ventilation, and view. A peak height of 45 inches gives you plenty of headroom.
- Dual Pole Support significantly improves headroom and interior space.
- Ultra-light Waterproof Canopy is made from high strength 30 denier Silicone Nylon.
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than two minutes under any conditions.