Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Windrider - is HMG’s flagship ultralight pack and is a first choice for Appalachian Trail and long-distance hikers. This 40 liter, 28.2 oz. (799 gram) pack is perfect for weekend trips, section hiking, or months on the trails where frequent re-supply points are available, such as the AT, the Long Trail, or the El Camino de Santiago.
2400 Windrider Pack offers the optimal balance of strength, weight, comfort and performance. HyperliteMountainGear guarantee this because build and test everything right here in native heath in Maine, using the most advanced materials and technologies available. Design-driven, they’ve refined this ultralight pack to include only what you need and nothing more.
Backpack is lightweight, durable and will be one of the most comfortable packs you’ve ever owned.
Manufacturer build all packs with ultra-durable, lightweight and 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber). Goal is to increase your speed, efficiency, distance and overall enjoyment of the backcountry. It’s not surprising that Backpacker Magazine’s voted it their “Best Ultralight Pack.”
This pack includes a roll-top closure, Y-strap top compression, four side compression straps, an internal mesh hydration sleeve, hydration port, removable internal aluminum stays, sternum strap, and three external mesh pockets for added volume and storage - great for stowing snacks for the day, a water bladder, an extra jacket, or drying damp gear as you hike.
Use the Windrider with HMG Stuff Sacks for a near perfect waterproof kit.
Body: 50D Dyneema®/Poly Hybrid - white version, 150D Dyneema®/Poly Hybrid - black version
Bottom: Double reinforced 150D Dyneema®/Poly Hybrid
External Pockets: Mesh
- Three external mesh pockets -- Makes it easy to see what's in your pockets and allows gear to dry faster
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Compression System
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression -- Designed to secure gear
- Dyneema® Hardline hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 3/8" closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Dyneema® Hardline zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ice Axe loop
- Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
White - 799g (1.76 lbs, 28.2 oz )
Black - 839g (1.85 lbs | 29.6 oz)
Load capacity: 9-18 kg (20 - 40 lbs)
Interior: 40L (2400 cu. in.)
External: 9.8L (600 cu. in.)
Center pocket: 5L (300 cu. in.)
Side pockets: 2.5L (150 cu. in.)
Top Circumference: 95.3cm (37.5")
Bottom Circumference: 85.1cm (33.5")
Height (fully unrolled): 72.6cm (30")
Back Width: 26.7cm (10.5")
Hand crafted in Maine, USA
Hyperlite Mountain Gear manufactures a line of ultralight backpacks designed for everything from a quick day trip to an extended expedition. HMG backpacks are made of 100% waterproof Cuben Fiber materials with tape stitch lines. When used with ultralight Cuben Fiber stuff sacks, their gear provides a rainproof system for your excursion. Combined with ultralight shelter systems, you will feel like you can fly. Cushioned shoulder straps and hip belts, padded lumbar support and shaped aluminum stays, provide a super-comfortable fit. HMG lightweight Cuben Fiber packs have been specifically designed for backpacking, mountain climbing, and ice climbing, but are suitable for cycling, pack rafting, day hiking or just getting around town.