SIX MOON DESIGNS Lunar DUO Explorer - is very spacious single wall two person tent which has been consistently referred by users as The Backcountry Palace.
Lunar Duo offers unsurpassed room and comfort at just 1275g. With a height of 114cm and a width of 137cm the Lunar Duo offers the most interior room of any tent in its class and weight range.
The Lunar Duo does require the use of trekking poles to pitch, but for those that do not use trekking poles (bikepackers...), Six Moon Designs does sell an optional Carbon Fiber pole to use instead.
If you plan to use a ground sheet under the tent, check Tyvek groundsheet or Polycro footprint from Six Moon Designs.
THREE WORDS BEST DESCRIBE THE LUNAR DUO
- SPACIOUS: This tent is at home in a campground as much as a top a windswept ridge and large enough for four adults to sit and play a game of cards.
- SECURE: No matter how bad the weather, you can batten down the hatches for a comfortable nights sleep.
- ULTRALIGHT: Lunar Duo offers no compromises despite the fact that it’s less than half the weight of your traditional tent.
The Lunar Duo offers the most interior room of any tent in its class and weight range. Dual curved poles located on either side create a unique arched roof. Combined with a tent height of 1,14 m (45 inch) and width of 1,37 m (54 inch) leaves so much interior space you've got room to spare.The Lunar Duo's two vestibules can be deployed to multiple positions. When fully open, it provides maximum cross ventilation, keeping you cool and those pesky mosquitoes at bay. They can be raised or lowered, ensuring that you can achieve the optimum configuration for the weather you're likely to encounter. The Lunar Duo's vertical sidewalls prevent rain falling into the tent. With dual oversize vestibules, each person has plenty of weatherproof storage for gear.
Seams aren't sealed. We recommend Gear Aid - McNett seam sealer for silicon coated products to achieve complete waterproofness. We do not offer seam sealing service at this time. It is important to note that seam sealed products can no longer be returned within 30 days. However, the product is still under warranty.
Canopy: 30D Silicon Nylon
Floor: 30D Silicon Nylon
Netting: 20D Ultralight No-See-Um
Zipper: #5 YKK
Spacer Poles: 7075 Aluminum Poles
WEIGHT: 1275g / 45 oz.
- Dual Vestibules provides excellent gear protection.
- High Vents minimize condensation formation.
- Dual Entry ensures you have an available door.
- Easy Tension Adjustment makes re-tension your tent easy.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Dual Hiking Pole Support
- Dual Cargo Pockets.
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than five minutes under any conditions.