GOSSAMER GEAR The One - is the best ultralight single-walled solo shelter for the competitive price. Weighs only 635 g (22.4 oz.). It has a spacious interior featuring mesh bug netting, bathtub floor and excellent ventilation to help prevent internal condensation.
The One is made with an ultralight PU coated SilNylon fabric and comes factory seam-taped, so does not need to be seam sealed. It has a tarp style design with single entrance and vestibule.
You will need two adjustable trekking poles (or two custom length carbon or aluminum poles that can be purchased separately) for set up and minimum of 6 stakes (+ additional 4 stakes if you also stake out the floor). Gossamer Gear now includes 14 stakes to the tent, so no need to purchase them separately.
If you love to backpack solo and want to go light, we recommend The One for you! The manufacturer also offers this tent in a larger version as 2-person shelter GOSSAMER GEAR The Two.
Tent body: Custom-formulated 7d high tenacity nylon blended sil/pu coating waterproof to at least 1200mm.
Tent floor: Custom-formulated 10d high tenacity nylon blended sil/pu coating waterproof to at least 1200mm.
Guylines: 2.5mm reflective nylon sheath, 1mm dyneema core
Zippers: First quality, robust #4.5 double-pull zippers
ITW lineloc3 tensioners all main tie outs
Shelter Weight: 635 g / 22.4 oz (includes factory-taped seams)
Lines (already attached): 18 g / .60 oz
Stuff Sack: 10 g / .3 oz
Extra tie outs: ( 4 ) not attached 14 g / .45 oz
14 Stakes in stuff sack: 158 g / 5.6 oz
- Easy side entry, both doors now open for ventilation
- Factory-taped seams
- Bathtub floor
- Main body and floor have 1200mm waterproof blended sil/pu coating
- Great headroom (and shoulder room)
- Fits tall people
- Big vestibule with great protection
- Lightweight, with full protection from rain and bugs
- Excellent ventilation to minimize condensation
- Catenary cut for quick, taut setup
- Highly adjustable pitch
- Interior clothes line and flashlight loop
- Reflective tie-outs for additional lines for high winds
- Ability to furl the vestibule for views when no rain expected
- Tensioners with reflective line make it easy to get a taut setup
- Reflective guy lines knotted so they can be handled with gloves
- Zipper pulls have reflective lines added for easier handling
- Large mesh internal pocket for personal items